Recovery Station therapists are allied health providers for the Department of Veterans’ Affairs. Services may include:
- Prescription of equipment – e.g. wheelchairs (manual and electric), mobility aids, pressure care, scooters, etc.
- Home modifications – both minor and major. e.g. grab rails, ramps & bathrooms.
- Driving assessments and rehabilitation – Our specialist driving assessor can assess your safe ability to drive.
- Rehabilitation and education sessions – e.g. joint protection, pressure care, pain management, falls prevention, energy conservation and manual handling.
- Strategies to maximise mobility – this may be within and around the home, in the community or driving.
- Home exercise programs – to improve balance, strength and stamina for optimal participation in activities of everyday life.
Our team of Occupational Therapists offer a course of treatment or counselling/education to help maximise physical, psychological, social and vocational abilities that have been disrupted because of accident, illness or disability. Treatment may include the prescription of appropriate rehabilitation solutions, for example, an Occupational Therapist might organise a shower chair, prescribe grab rails in the bathroom or provide falls prevention education.
Our team of Physiotherapists treat physical, respiratory and neurological conditions using techniques such as massage, manipulation and exercise. Treatment may include implementation of a home exercise or pain management program.