If you are experiencing emotional or psychological difficulties, our Occupational Therapists (OT) can provide you with the tools to achieve emotional wellness. At Recovery Station, we can help you regain control of your life.
If you are feeling sad, unfocused or unable to function normally, you may be dealing with an emotional or psychological issue that should be addressed.
- Have you withdrawn from others?
- Are you isolating yourself from friends and family?
- Are you no longer interested in the things that used to bring you enjoyment?
- Do you have no sense of motivation?
- Have you become forgetful, unable to concentrate and/or often feel disoriented?
- Have you stopped performing normal daily activities, such as cooking, shopping, and cleaning?
- Are you having difficulty even maintaining your daily hygiene habits?
- Have any of your loved ones or others expressed concern over your behaviour?
If you are experiencing any of these issues, Recovery Station can help.
Your OT will assess your situation to help determine whether your issues fall under the scope of OTMH. Once we have isolated the overlying problem, we can identify your goals and design a plan to achieve them in order to help you realise full enjoyment of your life.
OTMH can help if you are struggling, feeling overwhelmed or hopeless trying to cope with psychological or emotional challenges. Whether you are having trouble sleeping, concentrating, communicating, functioning normally or even just getting out of bed in the morning, an OT can help you address and overcome these issues with education, therapy, guidance and support.
OTMH covers a wide range of services:
- Teaches living skills
- Social skills and communication training
- Addresses addiction
- Helps with money management, work and study
- Counselling and therapy
- Stress management and relaxation
- Pain management
- Anxiety management
- Problem solving
- Offers tools, guidance, counselling and training to help you meet and overcome your challenges
If you are dealing with emotional or psychological difficulties or you believe someone you care about needs support, please contact Recovery Station for assistance.